Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thanksgiving turkey cupcakes

I have been attempting to post about these cupcakes for the last few weeks! I have been SO busy that I've had to put posting on the back burner. I had two Thanksgiving dinners this year: one with my family and one with my boyfriend's family. My parents went to their condo for the holiday to work on some remodeling projects, so our family Thanksgiving was the Saturday before the holiday. My uncle came in from Tennessee for dinner and there were a few other family members who were able to attend.

Anyway, on to the cupcakes. Last year my cousins and I attempted to make some turkey cupcakes that turned out awful. They didn't look anything like what they were supposed to. This year, I decided I needed something creative, but not impossible like the ones from last year. I found this idea on Pinterest! I LOVE Pinterest. So many cute ideas!

I used Wilton's candy eyeballsNutter butter cookies and Oreo cookiesCandy Corn; and I made some frosting dyed it yellow and orange, and made the turkey noses and necks (which, BTW, I learned the other day from my doctor is called a wattle).

The cupcakes themselves are two different recipes. The first recipe (with the smaller Nutter Butters) are vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting. The second recipe is one of my FAVORITE recipes! They're vanilla pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream frosting. The first time I made the turkeys, I used the tiny Nutter Butter cookies, but I like the bigger ones better, so when I made them the second time, I got those instead.

These cupcakes were a hit with everyone who tried them. I think I've got a new Thanksgiving cupcake to make from now on. :o)






No comments:

Post a Comment